The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Geneticists Appointment

Today Brian and I went to meet our local Geneticists. (I didn't even know they existed until I needed one) We were just wondering what our future holds as far as having more children with Down syndrome. We found out that our baby has the most common cause of down syndrome which the geneticists explained as a "Fluke with the DNA." At least something is common or normal about our baby. It was an intriguing meeting and I actually felt like that job could be a fun job, if you really like science and dissecting DNA...
Rosie has started to pray for the baby in Mommy's belly. It is so cute! I think she is going to be a very proud big sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment