The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Canker Sores and Baking Soda

I periodically get canker sores that show up out of no where and seem to want to stay forever. I had heard somewhere that if you put baking soda on your canker sore it will go away quicker. So, this week after I tried every other method to make it go away I went back to the old faithful wives tale of using baking soda. I put just a bit of it on the sore, tried not to make to nasty of a face and within minutes the pain was gone. When it started to hurt again within the hour I did it again. That was yesterday. This morning when I woke up my lip wasn't pulsing and I could eat my breakfast. The intense irritation is gone. It is wonderful!!! So the next time you get a canker sore(if you are so unlucky as to get them) remember to pull out the baking soda first thing and keep it on it. The Soda will help eat it away and return your lips, gums or wherever you get them back to normal with in a few short days! It is much better then suffering for weeks waiting out the annoyance of the canker sore!

1 comment:

  1. Another joy of baking soda is to get rid of heartburn! 1 tablespoon for a half a cup of water. I get horrible heartburn while pregnant and not even percribtion meds made it go away like the baking soda.

    ReplyDelete