The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Friday, July 16, 2010

Family Vacation 2010

I had every good intention of writing every day on my blog about the absolutely AMAZING vacation we were on. But, it turns out that it was so amazing I didn't really take the time to sit down every night and write about it...so here is the shorter version of our
"Family Vacation 2010!"

So Romantic!

Our Destination was "Destin, Florida." We stayed in a mansion home (really, it was huge!) my in-laws did a great job at finding one that would fit 20 bodies comfortably. We had access to two swimming pools and the ocean was a short 5 minutes or less walk away. It was AWESOME!!! Ok, so if you can't tell I love the ocean and the pool. It was like living in Heaven for a whole week!
-My Husband and I LOVE body boarding and there were some awesome waves that we were able to ride onto the shore line!


-We went snorkeling one of the days, which was fun in that I was able to put on the funny looking snorkeling gear with my hubby and explore the shallow ocean fish. They also had Kayaks that we had access too. We had a blast putting the baby on the kayak and paddling around. This was actually my favorite part of the whole snorkeling excursion! The not so cool thing about it is that we paid $60 for this snorkel trip and they took us to a reef that we could have driven to ourselves and there were no exotic, cool fish to feast our eyes on.



-Our last full day there we rented a pontoon boat and a wave runner. It was soooooo fun! I think everyone should experience riding across the bay, going 40 mph on a wave runner, while ocean water is spraying on their face...talk about exhilarating!


The vacation was over, much quicker than we had hoped! Luckily the memories and the pictures will forever be remembered and viewed!

No comments:

Post a Comment