The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Monday, August 9, 2010

Moms Sick Day (s)

First of all its Summer and no one should be sick in the Summer time, and second of all Moms should be allowed a pass on illness' since they have the responsibility to take care of so much. After being passed out on the couch all day on Friday while my Baby ran around the house like crazy, and then having a good 2 hour episode of the unstopable shivers last night I decided it was time to drag myself to the doctor. Luckily I had strep throat. I say luckily because sometimes its good to just be on some medicine that brings you peace to know that within 24-48 hours you will be feeling a whole lot better! Luckily I have an amazing Husband who was able to find a way to leave work early two times now to come home and take care of me and Rose. And also have an amazing friend who took my baby today so I could to to the doctor while my hubby was at work trying to find someone to take his shift. Not only did she watch my baby but she made me some of the most delicous home made chicken noodle soup to send home with me and even included 4 Chocolate chip cookies, which I have devoured! Thank you to my Angels who helped me out when I needed a Mom to take care of me!!!!
Have you ever had an experience where someone dropped everything for you in a time of need? Please do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment