The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Attacking the "Zone"

A few weeks ago I realized that my Kitchen was driving me crazy. So, I convinced my Mom to help me straighen and organize it, which was a wonderful idea!! My Mom had a lot of great idea's and I am now able to cook in a kitchen where the drawers are neatly organized and the cupboards are clean. The problem with cleaning the kitchen out is that A LOT of "stuff" was just thrown into my room to figure out what to do with later on, and yes you guessed it...the "stuff" has sat in my room and gathered more "stuff" on top of it and has become more overwhelming by the day. Finally, today I realized I had to jump over a pile of things to even get onto my bed that I made the decision that is was time to attack the very overwhelming stacks. I decided that I needed to stop looking at my WHOLE entire room but pick a corner, since there are four of them plus under my bed, so a total of 5 zones, and attack one of them at a time. I started with "my corner" of the room and within a short amount of time it was organized and clean and I can vacuum my floor (at least my side of the room's floor) again. Tomorrow I am looking forward to zone 2 (which I haven't totally decided the specific zone to attack yet) but the whole cleaning up my bedroom seems much more attainable tonight then it did this morning!
Do you have an overwhelming area of your home that you close your eye's as you walk bye, hoping that it will just disapear? Perhaps you can try the "zone" theory and attack it before you have time to change your mind! Let me know how your fall cleaning goes!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amber, I lack some serious motivation when it comes to "attacking zones" so if you ever want, we can help each other clean up while the kids play. I'm always amazed at the way I can crank things out when I have someone to talk to. ;) Brandi

    ReplyDelete