The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Potty Training, Day 6


Yes, I know I have skipped day's 2-5 but I just haven't had the chance to do a post til know. I'm sure you understand! So the greatest news ever is that ROSE IS POTTY TRAINED!!! Yay! On Tuesday she had a few accidents and wouldn't tell me that she needed to go potty, probably because she was still learning what it felt like. Then her Daddy came home from work and would do toilet time with her, and when she went to the bathroom he would do a potty dance and both of them would dance through the house...very cute. Rose loves to dance and I think he flipped the switch. Wednesday was crazy for me I had a bunch of people in and out of the house all day so Rosie was in her diaper most of the day, or course I did put her in panties at one point and she pooped in them so I put her right straight back in a diaper. Then, on Thursday Friday and so far Saturday she hasn't had any accidents in her panties! Woohoo! She actually will say "Potty Mommy" and we run to the bathroom. She even did this at Wal Mart yesterday when she had a diaper on, and today when we were in the car going to Kohls. I'm so proud of my little button!
Of course there is still training to do. I am not 100% confident that she will tell me she needs to potty when we are going to the store or if we have people over, so next week we will work on being in panites more often and a few less diapers. And she has not figured out how to poop in the potty yet. Its kind of my fault because I haven't stayed home all week and when it hits her is usually when we are out somewhere, so next week we will also be working on the pooping. I am still very happy with how far we have come. It seems like she will be potty trained by the time baby #2 comes around! Woohoo, we will only have 1 kiddo in diapers!
p.s. The snack and penny for the piggy bank tricks really worked well, and a sticker for trying. I think it made it a positive thing to include these things, and of course the celebration potty dance did wonders too.

1 comment:

  1. You've gotta post a video of Brian and Rose doing the "Potty Celebration Dance". I've gotta see that! Congratulations. It's such a relief and so nice not to have them in diapers anymore!

    ReplyDelete