The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Friday, July 8, 2011

Good Things


I have been so blessed this week! Rose has discovered that she is truly a princess and actually asked to wear her Princess hat. She has also discovered a little comb and brush I have by her doll set. She thinks that it is to brush my hair out with, which actually is pretty nice! She does a great job at it and I think she has a future as a Cosmetologist...maybe at least as a side job while she is going through college...:)
My Husband spent a long couple of hour's last night installing a newish toilet (we inherited my parents old one, which is still much, much nicer than the one we currently had). So now we don't have to turn the water off and on to the toilet every time we use it. I had almost forgot what a blessing a working toilet and indoor plumbing is!
We met with our Pediatric Cardiologist this week and he did a fetal echo on our baby girl. I guess he found good things even though the left side of her heart is smaller than the right, the valves that go into and out of her heart are working and so he said it may be too early to correctly diagnose her issue as being Hypo-plastic left heart syndrome. There is a good chance she will still need heart surgery right after birth but it will only be one instead of three....
Then I went to meet my new High Risk Doctor, whom I also liked and he unfortunately (or fortunately) came across a hole in baby girls heart, which is common for Down syndrome children to have. So now we have 2 heart issues that we will be dealing with. At this point I just expect to hear more bad news at any doctors visit and it isn't such a shock to deal with.
This Doctor has been great though. His secretary has already set us up with an appointment to go through a tour of the NICU and to meet the Neo-natologist that will be working with our daughter. We also will be meeting the Pediatric Heart Surgeons a few days after that. I am so grateful that we will be able to meet with these people before hand and now and hopefully trust everyone that will be working with our little Angel.
One more good thing about having all of these High Risk issues is that I have multiple doctors cell phone numbers, who have told me to call any time. I can honestly say that this is a first for me. I have never had so many doctors private cell phone numbers. Luckily I haven't had to use them, and hopefully won't have to use them, but its nice to have on hand.

1 comment:

  1. Ya know, when life hands you tough stuff, it is always good to look for things to be positive about! :) Adam and I are praying for you guys and for your sweet little girls. :)

    ReplyDelete