The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back...

Yesterday we finally conquered the milestone dealing with Rose's health issues and you would think that we would be able to take a breath of fresh air and relax as one major stress can exit our lives...and then I got the call from my OBGYN giving me the news that I tested as a positive carrier for the Down-syndrome and Tri-somy 21 test. This does not mean that the baby I am currently trying to develop has this issue but that I for some reason have a higher chance of having a baby with this. I am trying not to freak out because a lot of times women are told they had a positive test result and everything was ok. Its just that there is a chance for something to be wrong. So, I set up an appointment today for May 19 to go to get some further ultrasounds done and possibly an amniocentesis, depending on what the doctor see's in the ultrasound. Have any of you ever tested positive for this or had experience with this? Should I be freaking out? I don't know. I do know that today was the first day in months that I actually haven't needed an afternoon nap and I made Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies-which is huge because I haven't cooked in months either. I am even considering making sloppy joes for dinner. So, there is my happy thought, today I have a little more energy to be just a little more me.
(I don't mean to sound like I am complaining or "woe is me" but the name of my blog is "Memoirs of Mothers" and right now my personal "Memoir" includes a lot of stressful medical issues...)

No comments:

Post a Comment