The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Kosair Childrens Hospital Day #2-Happy 4th Anniversary to Us!


Today is not only our second day in the hospital, but is also mine and Brian's 4th Wedding anniversary. We are spending it sleeping in separate beds in the hospital and trying to convince our crazy 2 year old to go to sleep. Brian was sweet and got a dozen red Roses and a balloon, and his Dad bought us dinner from Olive Garden, we also danced to our song while rosie was asleep...so romantic :)
As far as Roses recovery is concerned, if you saw her right now you wouldn't even now that she had surgery yesterday and had a tumor and her ovary taken out. She was woken up at 6 a.m. by a doctor and has basically been an energizer bunny all day. We found a toy room around the corner from our room and have spent several hours there today while she walked the halls pushing all sorts of toys.
She started to get worn out around 2 so I tried to lay her down for a nap and she couldn't fall asleep, so I asked for a wagon, put a pillow in at and we wandered the halls for a long time...finally around 5 she fell asleep in the wagon and slept for a few hours. and now at 10 pm at night she is not showing any signs of stopping and going to sleep, so I think we are in for a long, late night. We will be going home tomorrow morning sometime. I am so glad that Rose is so resilient and recovering so quickly. I am so amazed at how good she is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment