The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

9 Weeks and Counting

I'll just get straight to the point- I am 9 weeks and 1 day pregnant. I have been debating on using this blog as a journal for my pregnancy, and finally decided that it will just have to do, since we are in-between homes right now and I can't find my journal.
So far I believe the little thing is growing well. How do I know this? I am exhausted, sick, and would love to just lay in bed all day and have my husband and 2 year old daughter wait on me...but since my hubby works and my kiddo causes ultimate chaos and disasters if left alone for 2 min. I have to force myself out of bed each morning, figure out what to eat for breakfast, take my medicine, that doesn't really work so great right now anyways, and then try to convince myself the rest of the day to just keep myself together.
I was talking with my Sister earlier today and I informed her that this is the last pregnancy I am going to go through. She reminded me that sometimes it is best to not make a big decision like that when you are in the middle of it...which is very good wisdom on her part. But as of today this will be my last pregnancy :)
So, that is my life right now. The wonderful thing is that I bought me some Dr. Teals Epsom Bath Salts from Wal Mart and took a bath tonight and it was wonderful! I really need to get a soaking tub!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Amber!! I'm sorry you're feeling so miserable. Christina probably told you but I am about 13-14 weeks. It is so hard to be soooo tired and apathetic towards life. I don't have the energy or desire to do anything and I really hope that changes soon because I am WAY behind. I hope you get feeling better and this pregnancy goes smoothly for you. You are a great mom and your kids are lucky to have you.
    Miss you,
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete