The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Friday, September 24, 2010

The 12 Dollar Sandwich

My Husband and I went on a beautiful walk tonight for our date. Next to the entrance of the walking path was a cute little place to eat with quite a few people there. We decided to stop in to look at the menu and decide if we were going to eat their or not. The waitress handed us the menu and when we saw that a Grilled Cheese Sandwich was $12 we decided that it probably wouldn't be the best choice for us. Not because a $12 Cheese Sandwich doesn't sound delicious, but because we can think of a whole lot of other things we would want to spend $12 on. Its so great being tight on cash, when you get to spend that time with your best friend! What have you done with your hubby for cheap/fun date nights? We are open to ideas! Especially once the weather turns cold and we can't go for walks anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment