The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Cooking through My Grief

Taking it one recipe at a time. 2013 will be mainly focused on "The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook," by Dinah Bucholz, and how doing what I love, cooking, being with my family and reading Harry Potter will help me process my grief associated with loosing my 3 week old daughter, Ruby, on November 18th, 2011.
Join me for a "culinary magical masterpiece" throughout 2013!

Monday, February 14, 2011

I'm Back...


After listening to my Husband and sister in-law complain last night about how I haven't written on here forever and that they aren't sure if I have overcome my Insomnia issues yet I thought it was time to get back to the blogging. :) So Michelle and Brian this post is dedicated to you! (I think insomnia is something I will deal with off and on for the rest of my life unfortunately)
So, what has been going on in my life the last few months...Halloween, putting our house up for Sale, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, surviving yet another cold depressing January, selling our home, and putting an offer on another cute home a few blocks away.
Today we are celebrating Valentines Day. Happy Valentines Day everyone. I hope you are feeling loved!!! We are celebrating today by signing our life away on a future home mortgage...we did get excited when we found out that our credit score is excellent! YAY! And we don't have to start paying on a mortgage again until May...another wonderful thing to celebrate!
You would think after having my house for sell for 4 months I would be over joyed and excited to pull out the boxes and fill them up with our stuff for our move out day in early March...but the energy and excitement is non-existent. Its such a lonely thing, and actually kind of sad. Even though we have only lived here for 2 1/2 years this has been our home and holds many memories. Sweetest of all of course is that this is where we brought our baby girl home too from the hospital...and have watched all of her sweet little milestones over the last 2 years. I guess there will always be new memories to be made no matter where we live...but I am needing some suggestions on how to gear up for packing. I'm am considering throwing a "Packing Party" where I provide, pizza, pop, boxes and closets and rooms full of stuff to fill the boxes up with. I'm just not sure how many friends would be excited about this kind of party...what do you think?

p.s. the above home is the home we put an offer in on...yes the shrubbery is totally out of control, but get rid of that and it has adorable country charm and is about double the size of our current home...and it actually has a decent sized back yard for us to have all sorts of fun in. YAY!

1 comment:

  1. Yay I'm glad you came back to the blogging world!! Today I was checking everyone's blog and I almost skipped yours as I have now become accustomed to doing, but I thought, hey she may have actually listened to me and Brian!! I'm glad you dedicated this post to me... it makes me feel special :) Have fun moving!!!

    ReplyDelete